When you have hired a roofing company doing roof repair, the way that you treat your roof in between the times that they are working on it is essential. Here are some things to remember.
- Understand your Guarantee! Become familiar with what’s and what isn’t covered beneath the work the warranty of your product and your workmanship guarantee.
- Don’t paint shingles – This is going to reduce your roof’s life. If the material on your roof’s beginning to look a lot worse, you might want to get a brand-new roof on your home.
- Don’t let unqualified people to do some repairs on the roof – This is going to include anything on your roof, such as an antenna.
- Keep traffic on your roof down – Just walk on the roof if you really have to. This is really important when the temperature’s dropping below freezing.
- Get your roof inspected professionally – If the roof’s more than 10 to 15 years, call a professional contractor so that they can inspect and maintain your roof if it needs it. This should be done every 2-3 years. This is going to help with catching some leaks before they become a big problem.
- Downspouts – Your downspouts shouldn’t be discharged on your roof surface, to help with preventing premature wear, your downspouts ought to be extended to your lower roof’s eaves-troughs.